Clare Language Centre offers teachers practical training courses that have been specifically designed for non-native teachers of English at primary and secondary-school level or for teachers who would like to use Content and Language and Integrated Learning (CLIL).
These courses provide language development classes and methodology modules focused on the teaching of English in the classroom.
The teacher should leave with practical skills and resources to use in their classes upon completion of these courses.
Teachers should check for funding options with Erasmus + as all courses were developed within the Erasmus+ framework.
These courses have been specifically designed for non-native teachers of English at secondary school level and help teachers to develop their classroom skills and to prepare their lessons effectively. The main focus is on practical ideas, communicative English in the classroom and materials development.
Class size: Maximum 6 so all classes are very student focused
A personalised needs analysis is done before arrival so that our teachers understand your goals for the course
15 hours per week in the classroom based around methodology in the classroom and the pre prepared needs analysis
Irish cultural excursions and activities available in the afternoons so the teacher can bring some Irish culture in to their classrooms upon their return
- CLIL course also Erasmus + accepted
- Tuition 15 x 60 minutes of classes per week
- Times 09.30-13.00 with 30 minute break and optional afternoon activities Monday to Friday
- Class size Max 6, average 4
- Minimum of 6 students required to run a closed group
- Duration Minimum 1 week
- Dates for Easter 6th – 17th April 2020
- Dates for Easter 27th July to 7th August 2020
- Groups can book dates by request (minimum of 6 per group)
- Contact [email protected] for prices and to book today
- Levels B1 +