We have over 20 years experience of teaching English to adult learners. Our teachers are well qualified and equipped to meet the needs of adult learners from beginner level to proficiency.
- Maximum number of students in a class is 5 and the average is 3 to 4
- Level tested small groups with communicative style of teaching in all classes
- Business English, One-to-one and English for Special Purposes courses available
- IELTS and Cambridge First and Advanced Examination Preparation offered
- Intensive courses beginning every week from March to October
- Option of adding one-to-one classes if required
- Summer programmes for adults with excursions and social activities
- Needs analysis done before arrival and certifícate of completion given on departure
- Free tea and coffee at lunch and break times
Please note: Clare Language Centre also offers specialised teacher training courses such as Experience Ireland for teachers wanting to improve their teaching skills and experience Irish life and culture.
Our academic programme is based on an interactive approach to language learning. The teachers are dedicated to modern methods of teaching basing their classes on the learners' needs. The maximum number of students in each class is 5, with an average of 3-4. This small class-size ensures that each student has the opportunity to speak in class and actively practise English in a comfortable environment.
Some of our courses include afternoon excursions to local, scenic or historical points of interest and in summer it is also possible to take full day excursions on Saturdays. The nearby cities of Limerick and Galway are easy to reach by public transport.
WEDNESDAY EXCURSIONS 2017
12th APRIL: ABBEY HILL, BURREN / COOLE PARK IF WET
19th APRIL: CRAGGAUNOWEN
5th JULY: BURREN NATIONAL PARK MULLAGHMORE /CRAGGAUNOWEN IF WET
12th JULY: ABBEY HILL, BURREN / COOLE PARK IF WET
19th JULY: BOAT TRIP ON LOUGH DERG/ HUNT MUSEUM & St. MARY’S IF WET
26th JULY: BURREN PERFUMERY AND EAGLES ROCK/CRAGGAUNOWEN IF WET
2nd AUGUST: ABBEY HILL, BURREN / COOLE PARK IF WET
9th AUGUST: BURREN NATIONAL PARK MULLAGHMORE /CRAGGAUNOWEN IF WET
MONDAY EXCURSIONS 2017
17th APRIL: BURREN NATIONAL PARK MULLAGHMORE, BURREN PERFUMERY, WALK AT EAGLES ROCK/BUNRATTY CASTLE AND FOLK PARK & LIMERICK CITY IF WET
7th AUGUST: KILKEE CLIFF WALK; BRIDGES OF ROSS; KILKEE SWIMMING POOL
Live traditional Irish music can be heard in the pubs almost every night and students can take part in Irish dancing classes or, for the more adventurous, just join the dancing with the locals.
- 10 Spacious Classrooms
- Computer Suite with free fast internet access
- Wifi available
- Lunch room with free tea/coffee and kitchen facilities
- School set in its own grounds in quiet residential areas
- Free parking
- Picnic area
- Playing field at back of school.
Our Adult Courses:
Our Courses for individual adult students will open on 6th March 2017 and begin every Monday until the end of October.
We are happy to welcome One-to-one students and closed groups at any time.
Due to the major Irish traditional music festival, Fleadh, being held in Ennis from 13th to 20th August 2017 the school will be closed as it will be impossible for us to offer any accommodation to students in Ennis town for that week.
View Our Brochure.
Contact Us with an Online Enquiry.